GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CAR RENTAL FROM MD RENT A CAR
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CAR RENTAL FROM MD RENT A CAR
The above-mentioned company – “MD rent a car ” Ltd. Referred for brevity LESSOR gives for rent a car to the LESSEE according to the following terms:
I. GENERAL TERMS
1. The car that is placed at Lessee’s disposal is in good technical condition and in full working order to be used only in the territory of Bulgaria.
2. The LESSEE is obliged to return back the rented vehicle according to the specified time frame at the specified place of return. In case the LESSEE does not return the rented car within the time frame specified in this agreement without dully notifying the LESSOR, the LESSEE pays the LESSOR the whole rental for each day exceeding the time-limit plus one more day upon the basic price. In this case the LESSOR may keep the amount of money deposited by the LESSEE as a guarantee.
3. If the LESSEE terminates this agreement ahead of time due to causes not related to the LESSOR, the LESSEE pays the rental for the corresponding period according to the relevant rate plus one more day upon the basic price.
4. Failure of the LESSEE to return the rented car on time without notifying the LESSOR - with more than 6 hours delay from the time-limit specified in this agreement is considered to be misappropriation of the car and the LESSOR notifies the relevant authorities and in this case the amount of money deposited by the LESSEE as a guarantee is left in favor of the LESSOR.
5. In the event of losses/damages caused by the fault of the LESSEE which are not covered by the insurance terms and in the event of damages for which the LESSEE does not submit the required documents, the LESSEE pays the full 100%.
6. In the event of theft or damage to the car which exceeds 50% of the value of the car, (total damage), irregardles of whose at fault the amount of money deposited by the LESSEE as a guarantee is left in favor of the LESSOR.
7. In the event of damage to the car caused by the fault of the LESSEE, the LESSEE pays the LESSOR rent for the time period needed to repair the car, but not more than DEPOSIT, and the present agreement is to be terminated. The LESSEE may rent another car by paying for it the required rental fee.
8. In the event of damage to the car not caused by fault of the LESSEE, the LESSEE may rent another car or terminate the current rental contract, in which case the LESSOR pays back the LESSEE the rental that is not used up.
9. In the event of damage to the rented car within the period of validity of this agreement, the repair is to be carried out by competent party after co-ordination with the LESSOR. If it is impossible to repair the damage the LESSOR is to replace the rented car with another car of the same class or the present agreement to be terminated as the LESSOR pays back to the LESSEE the rental that is not used up.
10. In case of damage or loss occurred after this contract is expired, the damages and the losses are to be paid thoroughly by the LESSEE.
11. The LESSEE pays to the LESSOR all amounts of money specified in this agreement plus the deposit at the moment of signing the agreement.
12. All changes and additions to the contract as well as any documents relating to the contract are valid only and when signed by both sides and in written form.
13. The terms and conditions laid out in this contract are valid only on the territory of Bulgaria additional terms and conditions apply when traveling abroad.
II. OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LESSOR
1. The LESSOR is obliged to give the LESSEE the right to use the rented car without being obstructive to him.
2. In case of damage to the rented vehicle due to wear or factory defect the LESSOR is obliged to replace the car with one of the same class, if the LESEE so wishes, and to prolong the contract according to the time lost between the fault in the vehicle and the replacement.
3. When the agreement is expired, if all the terms have been observed, the LESSOR pays back the deposit to the LESSEE.
III. OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LESSEE
1. The LESSEE is obliged to use the car with care, to keep it locked as a good owner.
2. Тhe LESSEE shall undertake to take good care of the Car, to keep it in perfect condition, to ensure it is working properly, the levels of oil and water in the respective reservoirs, the condition of the tires, etc. with care and forethought.
3. The LESSEE does not have the right to use the rented car in taking part in competitions, driving lessons, probations, and training and also to have in tow any other vehicle.
4. The LESSEE does not have the right to travel by the rented vehicle when he or the driver are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other narcotics, and also to violate the borders, to break the Road Traffic Law, the Traffic Code and the other laws in force.
5. In case of accident or damage the LESSEE is obliged to call the police no matter who is to be blamed for the accident and also he is obliged to notify the LESSOR immediately. The LESSEE must also assist the insurance company and the LESSOR in all the matters related to the accident.
6. The LESSEE has to pay damage to the Lessor in case, when they have caused technical damages to the rented vehicle, because of negligence or deliberate, as well as in case of overheated motor, which is considered as driver negligence. Overheating is rated of a value between EUR 1000-3000, depending on the group of a vehicle.
7. It is forbidden for the LESSEE to give up the driving of the rented car to any other person except to the people who are authorized to do so in this agreement. Otherwise the LESSOR may keep the amount of money deposited by the LESSEE as a guarantee.
8. The LESSEE must know that by signing this agreement his personal data can be used to carry responsibility.
9. The LESSEE agrees by signing the contract that his personal information may be used to seek responsability.
IV. ADDITIONAL TERMS
1. The present contract is issued in two copies, one for each side, and can be altered only by mutual consent between the parties by additional written agreements.
2. For any matters unsettled with the present agreement apply the decrees of clauses 228-239 from the Law for
the Obligations and Agreements.
3. In case of disagreement the terms and conditions in Bulgarian are considered valid.
4. In case of traffic violations (Over the speed limit, Improper parking etc.) by the LESEE, they are obliged to pay a redirection fee of 100 Leva without VAT